Post 1 Level 4: A Family Meal


A meal… I had a poor memory for that kind of things. 

Maybe because the special events in my family looks alike. If we are celebrating with my mother’s side of the family there is usually meat involved. The men are mostly outside with the fire. My uncle is in charge of the barbecue and he gives us special little pieces of meat right from the grill, my grandfather is outside too, “helping” him with a beer in hand. Women do the rest of the job inside, but later my mother has been joining the grill team and leaving us (my grandmother, sister and I), preparing the rest of the food. We prepare the salads, soups, drinks and deserts, and when all is finished, we can finally start eating.

When we are with my father’s side of the family there is also a lot of meat, and one of my father’s brothers is usually at the grill, but for me and my sister there’s not so much work to do because my father’s mom has the habit to do all the things alone.

There are few meals that I can remember specifically, and one of them is not with my family, but with my friends. One year my school friends, my sister and I traveled alone for the first time to the beach for five days I think, and we cooked together. That first meal when we arrived to the beach house was something very simple, we made pasta with sausage, but it was very tasty for all of us after all the walking we had to do to reach the house.

Comments

  1. there is nothing like the Robert's hands at the grill

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's the book ~ I think we can't remember the family meals because in that moment we only care eat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts